World Environment Day

Thursday, June 05, 2008

I didn't have a whole lot to write about today as I have been pretty busy. World Environment Day was established on June 5th in 1972 to "Provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations".

While I really like to get people thinking about environmental issues, there is always someone who does it better. Like Alain Robert. I think scaling the Times building in NYC with a banner to get people's attention will probably trump anything I could say on the subject for today so that is all for now.

Thanks to Treehugger for the initial story. See the climbing activist at thesolutionissimple.org for more.

1 witty words:

Richard said...

Yeah, that's a pretty good saying. It's also kind of depressing, though.