Here is a Great Idea for doing good.

Friday, October 27, 2006

I found this post the other night and thought it was such a great idea, I am going to take part myself. This relates to the "RED" campain that I believe was begun by Bono (U2) and some other celebs to raise funds for the African nations so ravaged by the effects of AIDS. Money goes to the Global Fund for helping women and children with the disease. The Pin It Forward blog is about the red pins available at the GAP for purchase, under the RED product program.
The idea is to buy 5 of the pins and give them out, pinning people that are then inspiRED (hopefully) to go purchase a pin (or 5) and go out and do the same thing. The idea has such far reaching implications. Everyone can do it, it's easy and an attainable goal to help the plight of others by making one small step.
What I love most about it is that it is attainable for me. I had heard about the (Product) RED program and it sounds great, but for someone with my current financial situation and somewhat of a general aversion to buying new stuff just for the sake of having more stuff, well, I just don't buy it. I am just not one of the people that is going to participate by making one of those big purchases. But the PIN? I can buy that. I can buy 5 even. Add the "Pin it Forward" spin and I am doing lots more good than I would have just buying something frivolous for myself to enjoy, but with the same "feel good" vibes to it. Times 5 and the effects are exponential.
Sooo, g'head everyone, Pin It Forward!

0 witty words: