Echoing Emptiness

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Err, I mean my living room. This is what it looks like at the moment, photos as promised.



This is the beautiful bare window, with the sixties era naugahide bench that I bought at a thrift shop for $40 I think. It is in solid shape and I like the simple lines but it needs an update in the fabric covering. I am measuring it up for a new cover from some of my gorgeous hemp that I have.



The bench fits nicely under the window but I might change its location to the adjacent wall opposite the fireplace, depending on how many pillows I get done for it. Too many will look a bit odd obscuring the window frame.



This is the entryway to the front door right by the living room and as you can see, other than the torchiere, there is not much more to it. My ideas are beginning to form as to what I will be doing but they still have to percolate some. I will reveal that I am keeping my eyes peeled for a natural rug of some sort that will go in there to cover the current wall-to-wall that obviously has to stay for sometime. I am thinking siesal with a fabric edging. More to come...

0 witty words: