Check Out the Yarn!

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I have had this yarn for a little while now and have meant to post about it. So here it is, I finally got around to it.



Can you see it? Do you see the fine print on the label? Yep, right there, in brown and white, there is the content of this particular yarn that I found in the local Zellars store.

SOY!!!

Bernat has come up with what they have labeled "Natural Blends" for clients who want to try to be a bit more Earth-friendly in their approach to knit and crochet work. It's about time too. I was surprised to find it in the store and I do think it is a newer line for them but I was glad to see it nonetheless.

Okay, it is only 50% Soy and 50% acrylic but some soy is better than no soy, that is for certain. There is also a bamboo blend and a cashmere blend but you have to read the fine print on the labels to see which has the most "Natural" content to it.

I have no idea what I am going to make with this but I'm sure I will think of something. I will soon post a few more of my fledgling knitting projects for public scrutiny also.

0 witty words: