So We Finally Got to the Library

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

In town here there is a fabulous library that we hadn't gotten around to visiting yet (!) and I have absolutely no excuses as to why except for that we have been busy.

Now that we have seen it first hand in all of it's glory I am going to try to make it a weekly venue for us. The children's section there is VERY impressive as is the building in general. There seems to be quite a few programs available to patrons as well.



The kids got a bunch of great books out that fuel their obsession with Ancient Egypt and Cleopatra. They have been very interested in the topic ever since we discovered this site some three years ago. This did not surprise me at all as I was always captivated with the hieroglyphics and other imagery that goes with the Egyptian theme. What does surprise me is that the kids both seem to be fascinated with the gory details of the mummification process, which is very nicely illustrated on their favorite site and now they have a dozen books to study it even more.

We also borrowed the french version of this book originally written by Marianne Berkes and illustrated by Jeanette Canyon. I was amazed at the excellent work; the pictures are vibrant and beautiful. I had no idea that polymer clay could be taken to such a level of artistry. Each page surprises as you see something new every time you read it. I highly recommend it. Check out the cover page here for a sample (all images are copywrited) and the review.

0 witty words: