Etsy Redeems itself with Alchemy Magic

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Just a quick post today as I am busy busy doing some sewing.

Anyone who has been reading my blog has probably noticed that I express a bit of dismay at the systemic flaws that are the Etsy machine. Well yesterday I discovered something that changed my outlook about Etsy. It may well have redeemed itself in my eyes with this new feature they have implemented over there.

*ALCHEMY*

If you haven't heard of it and you are an Etsian, you MUST go check it out.
It is a reverse bidding system whereby buyers list what they want at the price they are willing to pay with details and sellers send in bids to win the job.

It seems great so far but I have to warn people, it moves pretty fast so you have to have your ducks in a row when you either list or bid.

I have already won a bid to make a custom laptop sleeve for someone and I am super stoked to be doing it. Laptop sleeves were something I was considering doing anyways and this just put a fire under my butt to do it, AND the item is already sold so its a "WIN-WIN" as they say.

Now this is a brand new feature and I am sure it will be flooded in no time with craziness so I say strike while the iron is hot. It's a great way for sellers who don't have many actual sales (like me and my ONE sale) to get their name out there to potential clients, even if they don't win a bid. And if you do win a bid then WOOHOO! add one more sale to the list.

Anywho, off I go to work on a custom laptop sleeve which I will post about as it progresses.

Now you, fellow Etsians, OFF YOU GO to Alchemy to work some magic! (But don't spend all day on there either! Consider yourselves forewarned!)

1 witty words:

Anonymous said...

I hope that the excitement you had for alchemy can be reoccurring for you and for others but I do agree with the comment you left on my blog, it has the unfortunate potential to turn into that three ring circus.

I love your drawings by the way, so honest and lovely (the sketches of your laptop sleeve.)

Keep the faith!