The Laptop Case

Thursday, March 20, 2008

My sketches from last week turned into reality. I think it turned out beautifully, especially considering that I really had no pattern.



This is the front showing the vintage button with elastic closure. The envelope style is perfect for laptop protection without being too fussy.

Detail above of the two vintage buttons I used from my HUGE collection. (I'll post about that another day!)


Inside pocket detail. I am very happy with how this looks. I just hope the inside pocket is big enough for the clients needs but she was confident that it would be.

So that was my first Alchemy project and I can say that I enjoyed the whole process. It was nice working with someone who knew what they wanted for a custom project. This is going into the mail on Saturday as tomorrow is Good Friday and there is no mail service. I hope the client is happy with her purchase and somehow I just know she will be pleasantly surprised.

0 witty words: