Some Google Firsts, F.Y.I.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Lately I have been trying to figure out how to get some better traffic and ranking for this blog and things seem to be improving. Everything I do with my blogging has all been DIY in nature so it has definitely been a steep learning curve.

Today I give you some interesting stats concerning my Google ranking on some search terms.
In fact, this blog is coming in #1 for two searches of particular note.

"Etsy Alternatives" and "Ye old hooters"!!!

I know what you're thinking. "How did she figure that out?" and "Why would anyone search that second term?"

The first question I can answer but not the second. I have no idea why someone would search "ye old hooters" though I am guessing the person who did probably has a good sense of humour (and no it wasn't me!)

As for the first question, part of this process of learning about SEO and PR and such means I keep a keen eye on my stats. I use Statcounter.com for tracking visitors and referring sites to my growing list of sites. I even use the Google Analytics tools. The searches my blog comes up on are getting interesting to say the least.

Being the number one spot for the Etsy alternatives search has been great because I really do get lots of people searching the term that land themselves here. If you take a look you will see that Psilology even trumps Etsy itself for that search so it makes me all the more happy. I only hope I am keeping it interesting enough to keep them coming back. I want to keep things fresh for the readers so I take requests just like the DJ! Please share your comments.

5 witty words:

Unknown said...

congrats on your good search results, and also good for you for realizing the importance of this SEO marketing. Alot of people dont. I just wrote a very lengthy and comprehensive article about increasing your SEO in blogging today, check it out to help you even further!

Sara said...

That's great! Very lovely blog you have here.

Tasha Early said...

ye old hooters? what the deuce? lol.

Robin Honig Willens said...

Fine, I'll admit it. It was me! I did it! I am the one who searched for "Ye Old Hooters"!
:) Robin

Pam Hawk said...

So... um, does that mean you have a lot of posts here about "Ye Old Hooters?"

Hey, whatever works, right?