Lunch and Learn Reviewed

Saturday, January 20, 2007

The event that I went to today was very inspiring. Sandra Wilson was a great speaker and so down to earth. She explained how she took a great ideas and took it to a new level using some very basic but sound business practices. Hard to believe that the business she started in her basement a few years ago has flourished into a booming enterprise that has netted millions and is still growing. Sandra remains a very real and approachable person despite her fame and fortune!

The Lunch and Learn was also fabulous because I met so many great people that are all women and (for the most part) Moms. It was really a great networking experience and wonderful to see so many people that were genuinely interested in each other's goals and so sharing and supportive of each other. This was one of those days that makes me breathe a sigh of relief and reminds me that I am on the right path in my venture. Kelley must be very proud and happy that the luncheon was so well received.

There was quite a bit of interest in my wares and I got some great feedback. The demographic was right on target too, so I was again reminded that there is interest in the area that I am forging head-on into. Sandra and her PR assistant, were quite forthcoming with some great tips on how to get the word out without having to fork out the high costs of advertising.

I also met some other great exhibitors and other contacts. Jennifer and Melissa have some awesome products in their uber-cute line of baby goodies, called Goober Baby Designs. There was also Jane who has the Bra(g). The travel bag for your intimates! Always a conversation piece, I'm sure. There were others too, but maybe I'll save those for another post.

Big Thanks goes out to my "Holmesy", Jodie for her help. I think she was equally inspired by the whole experience as well.

0 witty words: