Some great finds

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The month is almost out and I haven't had time to post as much as I had wanted to. Where does the time go? So much to do and so little time.
There are a few things that I happened across that I want to post about because they show the work of some very accomplished artists.

I came across this site somehow and I am quite amazed at what is on it. Glitter and Grunge has a selection is very unique to say the least. Missy Ballance makes lots of things crafty and I am so inspired just looking at her excellent work. Missy's abilities are not only in the vein of craft as she is also running a thriving business revolving around her work. Her work which includes possibly the cutest little bears and bunnies and other creatures that I've seen in a while. A bonus of it is she has created a venue for other crafty-types to sell their wares as well in Glitter and Grunge. To see more about the artist co-op check out Indie-o-Rama for an interview with Missy.


I would say it is similar to what Etsy does for crafters, bet WAY better because you can actually see the details of work for purchase. I find Etsy to be to overwhelming with choice and things definitely tend to be very underpriced in my opinion. I much prefer the stylish and streamlined look of Glitter and Grunge.

0 witty words: